The path to college may appear daunting – but you don’t have to navigate it alone!
Crafted by a team of high school counselors, ivy-league graduates, and professionals, Roadmap to College is an AKEB West initiative that provides 8th – 11th grade students grade-specific checklists, mentorship, and other resources to help them achieve admission into their best fit college or university.
How it works:
- Each student will be given access to checklists by grade level and be enlisted into AKEB’s college and career readiness software, which is used by schools across the country.
- Mentors will regularly check in on the students’ progress to answer questions and provide guidance on focus areas.
- Mentors will regularly check in on their mentee’s progress?to answer questions and provide guidance on focus areas.
Through this regular advising, students will be more prepared to tackle college applications, apply for scholarships, and will build a stronger portfolio to apply to great colleges within their reach!
More information and FAQs are below:
Students – What to Expect
– Students in 8th grade will receive access to our grade-by-grade checklist to help them plan for high school.
– Students between the 9th grade and 11th grades will eventually be paired with a mentor to coach them through their remaining years in high school
Students – How to Apply
– Students can sign up by clicking on the button above, or by clicking HERE.? Once your information has been processed by AKEB, you will receive an email from Overgrad asking you to create an account.? Please do not sign up for Overgrad until you receive this email, or else you will not be entered into our system.
– Students will then be paired up with a mentor, and will receive their own copy of the Roadmap to College checklist, which they will use as their guide throughout high school.
Mentors – What to Expect
– Eligibility: College students in their second year of college or professionals from across the U.S.
– The Mentor’s primary role will be to assist students with staying on track with their roadmap checklists, and providing guidance on their high school career. Both the mentor and the student can communicate and keep track of progress by using Overgrad, which AKEB will configure for each Mentor who signs up.
– Mentors will receive training on how to use the checklists and Overgrad, and will then be paired up with students based on the mentor’s time commitments and availability.? Mentors do not need to commit to 4 years of mentorship; we will accept as much or as little as you are willing to provide, but ask for at least 1-2 hours per month.
Mentors – How to Apply
– Mentors can apply by clicking on the button above, or by clicking HERE.? Once your information has been processed by AKEB, you will receive an email from Overgrad asking you to create an account.??Please do not sign up for Overgrad until you receive this email, or else you will not be entered into our system.
– We will make efforts to pair students and mentors from the same jamatkhana, but the eventual pairings and re-pairings will be based on supply, skills, and geography of our mentors.
– If you have a question that was not answered here, please email firstname.lastname@example.org and the team will get back to you soon.